Why you need Himalayan Cedarwood… now!
Why you need Himalayan Cedarwood…now!
The calming, soothing and purifying properties of the cedar tree has been benefiting human kind for centuries. Believed to be among the first essential oils to be distilled, it has had a long history of usage in many civilizations from Egypt and India through to the Americas.
Our Himalayan Cedarwood Essential Oil is extracted from the bark of cedar trees that grow in the chilly hills of the Himalayas. It has a warm, woody scent reminiscent of the great outdoors and is a powerful yet gentle oil with a wide variety of applications, making it a must-have in every household.
- Glow skin, glow. Want beautiful, healthy skin? Himalayan Cedarwood is a potent natural skincare remedy. Because it purifies, cleanses, soothes and heals the skin, it can be used in so many ways – daily facial care in your toner or moisturizer, as acne treatment, for inflamed skin conditions like dermatitis and acne, to manage oily skin and so much more.
- Locks so luscious. Perhaps one of the most common – and effective – uses of Himalayan Cedarwood is for hair loss and scalp care. It helps to stimulate hair follicles and promote blood circulation for hair growth and to stem hair loss. Cedarwood also soothes and cleanses the scalp.
- Sleep tight. With its calming and sedative properties, this essential oil is better than counting sheep when you find yourself tossing and turning in bed at night. The relaxing scent triggers the release of serotonin which converts to melatonin, the hormone that regulates our sleep-wake cycle.
- Anxious for nothing.The same properties also help promote relaxation and alleviate anxiety. Himalayan Cedarwood is grounding and calming for both the mind and body, which makes it exceptional in times of stress and emotional distress.
- Respiratory rescue.We always keep a bottle around come flu and cough season. Put a few drops in the diffuser or apply a little (pre-diluted with one of our carrier oils) on the chest and throat area to relieve congestion, reduce coughing, remove phlegm and in general, help with better, more relaxed breathing.
- Bye-bye aches. It’s Himalayan Cedarwood to the rescue when aches and pains hit. This pain reliever reduces inflammation in joints and tissue to minimize stiffness and discomfort. Its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties also means it works well to ease muscle aches.